The wedding venue is one of the most critical components for your wedding and wedding planning, it could really determine the ambience, the food and overall experience for yourself and your guests.
- Plan the visit to your wedding venue, call ahead and arrange a time to meet with them so that you can get their full attention, ask questions and get all the details you need.
- If you can, plan a second visit on a Friday or Saturday when the venue is setting up for an actual wedding. This will enable you to envision exactly what your day will look like and also see how the staff works under pressure.
- Visit multiple venues, some venue that you have written off as too expensive or won’t meet one of your needs might just surprise you and deliver on exactly what you are looking for.
- Be upfront about the number of guests that you plan to have at your wedding, most venues will let you know immediately if they can accommodate that number or not then at least you can decide early to look elsewhere.
- Select a venue that doesn’t expect you to outsource majority of the services that you require for example, sound, décor, food. Try and limit costs by choosing a venue that has a package that covers majority of the services.
- If you are having an outdoor wedding (beach, forest etc.) always have a plan B. It may rain on your wedding day, do you have a gazebo that could still ensure that everything goes ahead as planned and your guests don’t get wet?
- If the venue is strictly caters the food on the day, select your menu and do a food tasting to ensure that the food meets your standards. You also know your guests best and what they will enjoy, so select what’s best for the majority, you don’t want people to leave the venue hungry.
- Once you have selected your venue, plan a visit with whomever is responsible for your décor, request a mock-up of the décor so that you can see exactly what everything will look like. The day will go by so fast, you might not even get a chance to see the décor properly so this will be the one opportunity for you to peruse every detail.