I had my white wedding in 2015, I had to postpone it in 2014 because I fell pregnant and literally gave birth 5 days before my planned wedding date so thank God I had the foresight to postpone it because I would have been so round! I wanted to share some tips for planning for your stationary for your wedding based on my experience.
Choosing stationery for your wedding is something that I think most brides take for granted. I know I did. Most people don’t even do paper invitations anymore because it ends up being an added cost but if you can afford it please have paper invitations made because they add a sentimental and personal touch. Stationary also adds an attention to detail element and customizes the experience for your wedding. Below are a few tips:
- If you’re expecting your guests to travel from far, for example they have to book flights and accommodation or if the timing of your wedding is at a busy time of the year, it’s always best to send a save the date at least 6-9 months before your wedding. It gives your guests enough time to prepare for your wedding and no one is caught off guard. A digital save the date is always best, no added costs.
- Do your research, there are so many stationery options out there and you can make both your service provider and your life easier by having a good idea of what you want for example colours, fonts and design. Then you can use that as a starting point.
- For your invitations, to ensure that you get the most out of them, make it personal by adding a picture of the two of you, a meaningful quote or even a family crest or logo. If you don’t have a family crest/logo, make one.
- Synchronise your stationery, ensure that the fonts, colours and design are all the same or at least similar, attention to detail goes a long way.
- Programs and menu’s are a must. The menu’s are useful for guests who have food preferences and the program informs your guests of what to expect.
- Name cards on the tables for your guests are a great way of customizing your experience and adding that special and personal touch. Your guests can also take them home as a memento.
- The seating plan, this is one piece of stationery that you should wait until the last possible moment to print. There are so many changes that happen with people cancelling at the last minute so rather wait and just maybe you can print an almost perfect guest list.
All the best!